- Lead and direct projects, taking responsibility for the entire technology stack and ensuring success through hands on participation.
- Consult with software project teams to fit infrastructure to the overall application architecture.
- Conversely identify when it is necessary to modify the application architecture to accommodate infrastructure needs. Interact with development and business teams to understand requirements and produce effective results.
- Work directly with the team lead to consult, coach, and advise on strategy, business alignment, architecture, technology solutions, and the associated impact on the stakeholders.
- Integrate and translate complex concepts into tactical action plans.
- Focus on automation and streamlining workflows and business processes.
- Coordinate and participate in resolution of problems and tasks, selling new ideas and concepts in support of operational goals and objectives.
- Provide technical and analytical guidance to team members and does not mind to get his own hands dirty where needed. Perform standard maintenance, diagnostics work and provide technical support to cross-organizational teams and engineering associates.
- Develop, provide and maintain positive communication with vendors for diagnosing and rectifying problems and candidate possesses strong inter- personal communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple deadlines.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Be able to work rotating shifts if necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science (or related field) and at least five years of experience in a similar role. Master degree is a plus.
- Proven track record in project management, ability to lead large scale projects
- Extensive collaboration within IT to architect and plan highly available solutions
- Excellent knowledge of Red Hat Linux administration
- Planning of disaster recovery and failover to satisfy policies and guidelines
- Implementing security standards and best practices
- Wide breadth of experience in other areas (windows, networking, applications, user support, database)
- Use of configuration management tools like Saltstack or Puppet
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong communication skills in English, German is a plus
Nice to have:
- Hadoop or other big data technologies
- Implementation of security relevant infrastructure
- Experience in high availability environments
- Previous experience in an IT position in the financial sector
- Kernel and other system performance tuning aspects
- Experience developing in Python or Java
Полная занятость, полный день